When looking for a new place to live we usually strive to find something better. Even if you are downsizing you will most likely want more a more modern kitchen and appliances, better home insulation and windows, updated bathrooms and an energy efficient air conditioner. We have all heard that the three most important things in real estate is: location, location, location! These of course still hold true but once you find this location you will want to make sure the home you are buying is going to serve you well. If you choose to downsize or expand your living space you will still want to upgrade your lifestyle. As your agent it will be my job to assist you in finding a home that will meet your needs and work hard to get you the best price possible. When you do find that home it is wise to be prepared and some due diligence is in order:
Home Buyer Responsibilities:
- Choose a loan officer (or mortgage specialist).
- Make a loan application and get preapproved.
- Determine what you want to pay and select a loan option.
- Submit to the lender an accepted purchase offer contract.
- Get an appraisal and title commitment.
- Obtain funding at closing.